In order to find out if your home is indeed safe, I have prepared a short quiz…
1. Do you have a flashlight available for emergencies?
2. Do you have accessible light switches or automatic lighting to light your way into rooms? On stairways? At outdoor entrances and steps?
Part 2: Internal Booby Traps
1. Is your water temperature set no higher than 54C
2. Are your hazardous products properly stored in their original containers?
3. When cooking, are pot handles facing towards the rear or parallel with the front of the stove?
1. Have you installed wel-anchored handrails by the bathtub? Shower? Toilet? and on both sides of the stairs?
2. Do you have a smoke detector on each floor level? Are they periodically tested?
3. Do you have a fire extinguisher?
1. Are you aware that medication is often a contributing factor to accidents?
2. Smokers: Do you avoid smoking in bed and when you are drowsy?
If you answered with a “No” to any of the questions, you may be wise to have me do a more detailed evaluation. For more information on this, please contact me.